.......This is a response I gave to someone who asked me how I stayed healthy no matter what I did or didn't do, and I'm here to tell you I do a lot of things on a regular basis that many think are "bad" for your health(I won't go into detail but let's just say I ALWAYS do whatever I feel like doing:)! Anyway I thought it would make for a good blog post that might help others in the health and LOA area....
Enjoy and I hope you get something of value from it :)!
First thing I'll tell you here is that I am really healthy! Oh yes I get an ache or pain once in a while, and maybe a headache but it's VERY temporary! I haven't had a cold in over 5 years, and can't ever remember getting the flu since I was maybe 10 yrs old, despite(or maybe in spite of:) my husband and son getting both of these things at least 2 or 3 times a year!
I consider myself having health "handled" because I don't fear anything around my health at all anymore! I know very clearly my health is a result of how I feel, and flow energy, no matter what I do or don't do, and nothing to be afraid of, because I can always change how I feel, no big deal! I tell you this not to "brag"(although I am proud of it:), but more to "up" the "evidence factor" in what I've written so you will believe and it will work even better for you!
So, my biggest, most dominant underlying belief is that it is the most natural thing in the world to be totally healthy. Anything else is just plain odd, and only temporary! I don't affirm "perfect health" in the conventional way, I just "assume" that's the way I am supposed to be!
Our bodies are built to balance, heal and rejuvinate themselves, and I am not saying this from a metaphysical perspective, but from "scientific biological fact" perspective(for all you "scientific evidence junkies";).....think how as soon as you cut your finger the blood rushes to the surface to clean and heal it and then it "naturally" scabs and heals itself! If it works on such small things as cuts, then of course it works with the "bigger" things "gone wrong", right?! Your body is constructed like a well oiled machine that is self regulating!
Doctors know this, they know that when they give you an antibiotic, the pill doesn't "cure" you, it just enables your body to better cure itself! That's why medicines work for some and not others!
And so based on this dominant belief of "Natural Health", I know that anything that seems to be going "wrong" in my body is only temporary, and all I need to do is get out of the way so my body can do it's natural work! And getting out of the way is doing the "emotional work"!
And How Do I Get Out of My Body's Way?
1. First of all if I do get some ailment, ache, or pain I don't resist it, I don't judge or beat up on myself for having it. I just let it be what it is, and maybe even use it as an excuse to do nothing and let go of all "burdens" of busyness! The world is not going to end if you don't participate:). Don't underestimate the power of this perspective either....what you resist, persists!
2. I also don't talk about it, dwell on it, trade notes with anybody else about it either. I just let it be, and don't make a big deal about it. I make it "NO BIG DEAL", just a temporary thing that will go away!
3. I do whatever feels good for me physically, take a pill, lay down, exercise, sleep, see a doctor etc...... I don't judge any of it, it's all "Gods" solutions :)!
4. I take any and all imbalances in my body as really really good information from my Inner Being(guidance), and I ask myself what this imbalance is telling me! I am very grateful for my body talking to me so clearly when my "thick head" isn't "listening" to what I am dwelling on! Cause, for there to be an imbalance in the body there HAS to be an imbalance in the mind!
5. Then I ask myself what's going on in my life that relates to this ailment. Like for instance, sometimes I get tightness in my neck and shoulders, and I KNOW it's relating to my feeling like something is blocking me or is a "pain in the neck".....
And then I go to "work" on making PEACE with whatever it is that is bothering me. And sometimes I can't make peace right then, so I ask my Inner Being to show me how(while I relax:) and give me any other info I may need.
*Also, I ask myself,(per Abraham) "how does this ailment" make me feel emotionally(not physically, although that could be good info too)....for instance being sick and stuck home for a week might make you feel frustrated, or even fearful(if you lose money from it etc...), and then I ask myself "where else in my life do I feel like this"? And that would be a place to "make peace" with too.
6. And this is probably the MOST important of all of them for continued good health and reinforcement of the belief in the "Natural Good Health" of your body; I do lists of positive aspects(also per Abraham) almost every day on my body, how strong it is, how very resilient, how well put together(all parts intact:) it is, things I like about it etc....
So, in essence: I truly believe it is natural and normal to be healthy. I don't make a big deal when I am not "perfect", I know it's only temporary. I do the "physical" thing that feels best to ME. I take it as very valuable info that gives me something to "work" with, when I am not "listening" closely enough to my thoughts and emotions. I ask my guidance system to help me out, and I do major positive aspect lists on my beautiful strong body that works so well for me!